April 2014 Legislative Update – 70+ bills being tracked!
Currently the New York State Electronic Security Association is tracking 70 (actually over 70!) proposed laws at the state level in Albany. Many of these bills if signed into law will make a big impact on your business!
Here are the Top 5 that are of HIGH importance to the industry-
- A2146 – Permits automatic renewal of contracts for security and life safety alarm services
- A2979 – Establishes a tax credit of up to $750 for purchase and installation of a security system
- A2911 –Establishes requirement to install CCTV system in “cabaret establishments”
- A2423 – Establishes tax credit for install of CCTV system in convenience stores
- A8875 – Requires the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention Code to establish standards for Carbon Monoxide detectors.
These are just some of the issues that will impact your business- for the full list of what is being tracked click here. NYESA Legislative April 2014 Report
This year we have a HUGE opportunity to support these bills and their sponsors. All the New York State Assembly and Senate seats are up for election. We need to support those who recognize the important work we do in the industry.
So, now you have an opportunity to help be part of the process to get these and other bills moving. Your donation of at least $50 – many companies donate based on their size or number of employees, see the donation page for suggestions – will help send the message that our industry is a vital part of the life safety protection for New York State consumers and businesses.
TAKE A MOMENT AND DONATE NOW! (CLICK HERE)
Thank you in advance for your support!